DREAM Delta

Member Code of Conduct – 2026 Local Election Cycle



1. Purpose

This Code of Conduct establishes the standards of behaviour expected of all DREAM Delta members to ensure that the organization operates in full compliance with applicable election laws while maintaining its integrity as a civic advocacy group.

All members are required to review, understand, and adhere to this Code throughout their involvement with DREAM Delta.


2. Guiding Principles

As a member of DREAM Delta, I acknowledge that:

  • DREAM Delta is an issue-based civic advocacy organization, not a political campaign entity
  • The organization does not endorse or oppose candidates
  • The organization’s primary objectives are:
    • Policy advocacy (e.g., Official Community Plan, density, governance)
    • Civic engagement
    • Increasing voter turnout

3. Organizational Conduct Standards

Members agree that DREAM Delta, as an organization, will:

  • Not endorse, support, or oppose any candidate or slate
  • Not coordinate with candidates or campaign teams
  • Not engage in paid election advertising unless formally registered and compliant
  • Maintain a clear focus on issues, policy, and civic participation

4. Personal Political Activity

Members retain full rights as private individuals to:

  • Support or oppose candidates
  • Display campaign signs on personal property
  • Volunteer for political campaigns
  • Express political views publicly

However, I agree that:

  • My personal political activities are conducted strictly in an individual capacity
  • I will not imply that my views represent DREAM Delta

5. Separation Requirements

To protect both myself and DREAM Delta, I will:

  • Not use the name “DREAM Delta” in connection with candidate support or opposition
  • Not use DREAM Delta branding, logos, or materials in personal political activity
  • Not describe myself as speaking “on behalf of” or “representing” DREAM Delta in political matters
  • Clearly distinguish between my personal views and organizational activity

6. Communication and Social Media Conduct

When communicating publicly (including on social media), I will:

  • Avoid statements that suggest DREAM Delta supports or opposes any candidate
  • Not coordinate messaging with other members regarding candidates
  • Avoid duplicating or amplifying identical political messaging across members
  • Exercise judgment to ensure my communications cannot reasonably be interpreted as organizational advocacy

7. Email and Outreach Conduct

I acknowledge that:

  • DREAM Delta communications (including email campaigns) must remain:
    • Issue-based
    • Informational
    • Focused on civic engagement and voter turnout

I will not:

  • Use DREAM Delta communication channels to promote or oppose candidates
  • Introduce election-directed messaging into group communications
  • Initiate or support paid communications that could be considered election advertising

8. Prohibition on Coordination

I will not:

  • Participate in coordinated efforts among members to support or oppose candidates
  • Engage in internal discussions that result in collective endorsement or opposition
  • Share or act upon messaging strategies tied to specific candidates

9. Use of Resources

I will ensure that:

  • DREAM Delta resources (including email lists, materials, branding, and platforms) are used solely for permitted purposes
  • No organizational resources are used to support political campaigns or candidates

10. Awareness of Risk

I understand that:

  • Even informal or unintentional actions may be interpreted as coordinated activity
  • Perception matters as much as intent in determining compliance
  • Non-compliance may expose both myself and DREAM Delta to legal and reputational risk

11. Duty to Exercise Judgment

I agree to:

  • Pause and seek clarification if uncertain about any activity
  • Err on the side of caution in politically sensitive situations
  • Support a culture of compliance and accountability within DREAM Delta

12. Reporting and Escalation

If I become aware of potential non-compliant activity, I will:

  • Raise the issue promptly with DREAM Delta leadership
  • Cooperate in reviewing and addressing the situation
  • Support corrective actions as required

13. Consequences of Non-Compliance

Failure to adhere to this Code may result in:

  • Removal from DREAM Delta activities
  • Restriction of access to organizational platforms or communications
  • Public clarification distancing the organization from individual actions

14. Acknowledgement

By participating in DREAM Delta activities, I acknowledge that:

  • I have read and understand this Code of Conduct
  • I agree to comply with its provisions
  • I will act in a manner that protects the integrity, legality, and reputation of DREAM Delta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DREAM Delta Voter Resource Centre